This is a challenging and unusual time for all of us as many of us find ourselves far from our normal routine, quarantined to our homes with minimal to no contact with others. Here are some helpful tips for making the most of this time.
- Create a daily routine; wake up and go to bed at the same time.
- Remember what you can control. For example, your thoughts, daily routine, home environment.
- Breath. Take a moment every hour to practice deep breathing exercises.
- Meditate-Several Apps are available ( Headspace, Calm, etc) as well as on streaming services (Netflix)
- Go for walks daily/get exercise Fresh air and sunshine are not only good for your health but also your mind.
- Turn off the news. Stay informed but set limits on how much COVID 19 information you hear/read
- Use essential oils like lavender. Try chamomile tea.
- Take a hot bath; practice self-care
- Keep a daily gratitude journal
- Practice good sleep hygiene (no screens late at night, turn off the TV, avoid working in your bedroom)
- Meet with friends via virtual platforms like Zoom or Hangouts. Set up “virtual” social hours for you and your children.
- Read a book or play board games with those living with you.
- Call your family/grandparents
- Look up old friends (plenty of time to catch up as most people are home.)
- Organize a community program to help elderly and at-risk neighbors get groceries or medicine.
- Foster a pet
- Wash your hands
- Remove shoes at the door
- Drink plenty of water
- Get enough sleep
- Eat healthy and balanced meals
- Clean your house routinely
- Leave packages outside for 24 hours
- Reheat take out food
- Avoid Alcohol
We are always available for a scheduled TeleVisit should you have any concerns 301-869-9776.