The receptionist is for our Rockville office and requires assisting with patient check-in, patient check out, medical records, and insurance verification.
The qualified candidate must be neat, professional, organized, enthusiastic and have a pleasant phone manner.
Main duties include:
- Meet and greet patients and other visitors in the reception area.
- Answer all incoming calls.
- Notify physicians of incoming calls from outside physicians
- Assist medical assistants by calling outside facilities for test results.
- Perform confirmation calls daily.
- Remind patients to bring insurance cards at every visit.
- Remind new patients to bring driver’s license or picture ID.
- Perform missed appointment procedures and prepare daily logs.
- Verify insurance card for appropriate coverage at time of patient visit.
- Review and follow referral procedures.
- Respond to physicians instructions for faxing/mailing signed medical documents.
- EMR experience is a plus.
- Responsible for keeping a visible organized and tidy work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time