Whether you need a flu shot, school vaccinations, or other inoculations, we are able to provide you and your family with the necessary immunizations necessary to maintain your health.
- Availability: We stock a wide range of vaccinations (from booster shots to tetanus shots to school shots).
- Quality of service: We administer vaccines according to the best practices established by both the CDC and the general medical field.
- Convenience: With CPC, you have several locations as well as extended hours and Saturday hours.
Our practice prides itself in providing you and your family members with the influenza vaccine. Influenza is a contagious disease that spreads itself amongst people throughout the United States. It is commonly spread by coughing, sneezing and close contact to individuals of all ages. Statistics have shown, though, that the risk of getting the flu is the highest in children. Symptoms of the flu include:
- Sore throat
- Stuffy and runny nose
Getting a flu vaccine in the form of an injection will not contain any live influenza virus, but is instead an “inactivated or recombinant” vaccine. A live attenuated influenza vaccine is actually given as a spray into the nose. It is recommended to get a flu vaccine every year, with the flu season generally occurring between October and May.
You should not get an influenza vaccine if:
- You have any severe, life-threatening allergies
- You have ever had Guillain-Barre Syndrome
For more information on influenza vaccine, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.