The patient portal is a secure, confidential, and convenient website that provides easy communication with CPC. It uses the latest encryption technology to deliver secure communication between patients and our office. Upon request, this patient portal will give you access to your medical information from the comfort and privacy of your own home or office.
Your benefits include:
- Correspond online with your physician’s office.
- Request appointments.
- Request important health information from your medical record including medications and test results.
- Create a personal health record. Patients can request their PHR online and download/print a PDF of their chart to share with their healthcare providers.
- View your medication list and request prescription refills.
- Maintain your Portal account information including username, password, access privileges and email address.
- Review online statements.
- Receive appropriate patient education materials.
Many practices may charge for a patient portal. Our physicians are offering the Patient Portal free of charge to make your medical information more accessible to you and to help you live a healthier life.
Your privacy is important to us. You will receive a notice in your personal email account when there is important information in your patient portal account for you to review. Your name and email address will always be given the same care as your medical records. Any patient or their legal guardian may sign up for the patient portal.
DO NOT use the Patient Portal to communicate an emergency or an urgent issue! Emergencies should be directed to either an Emergency Room or to 911! Response time for a non-emergency matter is 48 to 72 hours.
Proper Subject Matter for the Patient Portal:
- Lab results, selected consult reports, appointment reminders or requests
- Updates to your demographic information. Please be sure that all information you enter is true, accurate, complete, and updated whenever there is a change.
Improper Use for the Patient Portal:
- New medication request
- Narcotic prescription request
- Antibiotic request
- Triage and new treatment request
The Patient Portal offers the following functions:
- View lab results that have been sent to you.
- View and print “Health Summary” document.
- View and submit updates to your health information.
- View a subset of your personal health information (allergies, medications, current problems, reschedule or cancel appointments.)
- Update your demographic information (i.e. address, phone numbers, etc…)
Note: Communication via the Patient Portal may be included in your permanent medical record.
Keeping messages secure depends on two additional factors: (a) the secure message must reach the correct email address, and (b) the authorized individual must be able to get access to it. Only you can make sure these two factors are present. You can do this by:
- Providing your correct email address
- Inform us of any changes to your email address
- Keep track of who has access to your Patient Portal account, so that only you or someone you have authorized can view your information.
- Protect your Patient Portal login information from anyone whom you do not want to access your Patient Portal account
- Notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your login information or if you believe that your login is no longer confidential.