Population Health Analyst will collect, analyze, and interpret data, presents actionable analytics in support of population health initiatives, and assist in the development of clinical and operational improvement/efficiency strategies.
- Reviews and analyzes population and patient data related to clinical care and outcomes, to evaluate performance, reveal trends, and identify opportunities.
- Prepares various reports to present findings and to highlight successes and opportunities for improvement or intervention.
- Formats and displays data in creative ways to effectively communicate findings to different audiences, including health care providers and hospital leadership.
- Evaluates population health programs and initiatives. Work with vendors to identify evaluation metrics and develop reporting dashboards.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with major stakeholders, to ensure population health programs within the organization, address improvements in health and well-being of the community.
- Develops and implements analysis and reporting programs for the organization and/or other population health management activities by ensuring data aggregation, measurement, analysis, and reporting to support improvement and redesign.
- Evaluates the landscape of clinical transformation (“volume to value”), integration, quality measurement and reporting, and develops tactics to redesign processes to improve outcomes, lower costs, and utilize data effectively across these efforts.
- Plays a key role in the selection and implementation of software solutions related to Population Health Management. Trains end users and clinical staff on available tools and management options.
- Utilizes advanced querying techniques with thorough knowledge and understanding of data warehouse concepts, data cubes, and content.
- Works with advanced graphic tools to provide clear and insightful views of performance.
- Creates and maintains up to date work flow and reporting documentation. Also acts a liaison between clinical users and IT management to maximize and support appropriate use application(s).
- Designs and manages relational databases and data sets used for Population Health Management.
- Experience (years): Required: 1-2 years
- Education: Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration or healthcare related field required
Experience with quality improvement programs, integration and informatics related to planning and population health management and involving:
Knowledge of NCQA recognition programs PCMH, Meaningful Use PQRS/MACRA, Maryland CRISP HIE tools, patient engagement surveys and EMR based Reporting. Skill in interacting and communicating with physicians and care coordinators.