A Lead Practice Medical Assistant will perform a variety of clinical and office duties under the physician/provider/nurse direct supervision. The Lead MA will effectively manage and delegate the team’s roles and responsibilities to ensure the clinical floor flows properly. The Lead MA will work with the Practice Administrator to promote and maintain the practice goals and policies and procedures.
Encourage and practice teamwork philosophy; maintain positive / open communication with team; assist with and maintain patient flow on the station; delegate duties to team; monitor MA performance and provide training/guidance when necessary; train new medical assistants; weekly assessment of team’s completion of administrative responsibilities; collaborate with other medical assistants, and providers to provide optimal patient care; provide feedback on medical assistant’s performance to supervisor; adhere to all policies, procedures and workflows of the practice and establish accountability of same within team. Five plus years of medical assistant experience, Medical Assistant Certified, BLS certified.
- Encourage and practice TEAMWORK philosophy
- Maintain positive/open communication with team (MAs & Providers)
- Assign MA coverage for other offices
- Assign coverage at least one week in advance so Mas can pre-visit plan
- Lead MA should assign themselves to a provider only when absolutely necessary
- Assist with patient flow
- Morning assessment of Station supplies
- Other duties as assigned